Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita (Rosa Salazar) is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido (Christoph Waltz), a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. Everything is new to Alita, every experience a first. As she learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield Alita from her mysterious past while her street-smart new friend, Hugo (Keean Johnson), offers instead to help trigger her memories. A growing affection develops between the two until deadly forces come after Alita and threaten her newfound relationships. It is then that Alita discovers she has extraordinary fighting abilities that could be used to save the friends and family she’s grown to love. Determined to uncover the truth behind her origin, Alita sets out on a journey that will lead her to take on the injustices of this dark, corrupt world, and discover that one young woman can change the world in which she lives.
Genres: Action | Adventure | Romance | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Language: English | Spanish
Release Date:14 February 2019 (USA)
Filming Locations: Austin, Texas, USA
- Rosa Salazar as Alita, an amnesiac revived cyborg — revealed to be a 300-year-old Martian commando codenamed “99”, sent by the URM technarchy on a mission to take down Nova — and is the last of her kind. She is 5’1″, with distinctive large brown eyes, dark bob cut hair and a scrappy and sensitive demeanor.
- Christoph Waltz as Dr. Dyson Ido, a renowned cyborg scientist, part-time Hunter-Warrior and Alita’s father figure. His wheelchair-bound daughter, Alita Ido, was mown down by a junkie ex-patient, causing him to adopt Alita as his own.
- Keean Johnson as Hugo, Alita’s love interest, a morally conflicted young scrap dealerwho secretly mugs cyborgs with his gang for parts in order to save enough money to go to Zalem.
- Mahershala Ali as Vector, an entrepreneur with criminal connections, who rigs Motorball matches and hires Hugo’s gang for dirty works.
- Jennifer Connelly as Dr. Chiren, Ido’s estranged ex-wife, a master cyborg engineer who works for Vector.
- Ed Skrein as Zapan, an arrogant sword-wielding cyborg bounty hunter who develops a vendetta against Alita.
- Jackie Earle Haley as Grewishka, a huge cyborg criminal who works for Nova as his personal assassin and enforcer.
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Tanji, a scrap dealer friend of Hugo’s, who is more underhanded and doesn’t share Hugo’s ethics.
- Lana Condor as Koyomi, a kinder friend of Hugo’s.
- Idara Victor as Nurse Gerhad, Ido’s assistant.
- Eiza González as Nyssiana, a criminal cyborg assassin with a bounty on her head.
- Jeff Fahey as McTeague, a Hunter-Warrior who leads a pack of robotic dogs.
- Rick Yune as Master Clive Lee, a Hunter-Warior who claims a record of over 200 kills.
- Derek Mears as Romo.
- Marko Zaror as Ajakutty, a Motorball player.
- Leonard Wu as Kinuba, a Motorball player.
- Elle LaMont as Screwhead, a female Hunter-Warrior.
- Casper Van Dien as Amok
Last score update: 3/14/19