Legendary action director Yuen Woo-Ping draws on a stellar cast (Michelle Yeoh, Dave Bautista, Tony Jaa, and Max Zhang) to create a hard-hitting martial arts blast worthy of its place in the celebrated IP MAN universe. Following his defeat by Master Ip, Cheung Tin Chi (Zhang), tries to make a life with his young son in Hong Kong, waiting tables at a bar that caters to expats. But it’s not long before the mix of foreigners, money, and triad leaders draw him once again to the fight.
Genres: Action | Crime
Country: Hong Kong | China
Language: Cantonese | Mandarin | English
Release Date: 12 April 2019 (USA)
- Max Zhang as Cheung Tin Chi, a former Wing Chun master who was defeated by Ip Man in a duel behind closed doors, and subsequently becomes a mercenary
- Dave Bautista as Owen Davidson, the leader of a drug smuggling syndicate, who also runs a restaurant.
- Liu Yan as Julia
- Xing Yu as Fu, Julia’s brother and former Wing Chun practitioner, who now owns the Gold Bar on Bar Street.
- Michelle Yeoh as Tso Ngan Kwan, the leader of the Cheung Lok organised crime gang, who wants to turn the gang into a legitimate business entity, and the elder sister of Tso Sai Kit.
- Tony Jaa as Sadi the warrior (special cameo appearance)
- Kevin Cheng as Tso Sai Kit, younger brother of Tso Ngan Kwan, who initially runs an opium den, before becoming a drug peddler behind his sister’s back at Bar Street.
- Chrissie Chau as Nana, an opium addict and close friend of Julia
- Patrick Tam
- Brian Thomas Burrell as a Senior Police officer
- Yuen Wah Special Guest Appearance
Last score update: 4/9/19